Sunday 11 March 2012

Still Waiting...

Day 9 of no running and I'm in a really bad mood. I'm going to start concentrating on strength and ab work so I feel like I'm not going backwards - anything to stop myself feeling guilty about my new Wagon Wheel addiction. It's strange that when I'm training, I have no desire at all to eat sweet things, but when I'm sat at home moping around all I can think about is carbs. Carbface.


So, other than a sit-up and press-up competition with the OH later (he thinks I can't do 50 sit-ups in a row - I actually have abs of steel under the baby chubbs), I have nothing new to report. Instead, I thought it would be fun (in a tortuous way) to look at the different obstacles we could be facing along the course in November. 


The event will take place at Cholmondeley Castle on 17th & 18th November. Team RAW will be competing on the Sunday, so if you fancy a giggle then head down and give us a cheer. Pompoms will be provided. We also need an official photographer who can  help us out with some press-worthy snaps of us at various points, so if you fancy yourself as a bit of a Demarchelier, let me know.






Having looked at the course map, it would appear the first obstacle isn't really an obstacle after all:


1. Braveheart Charge - charge into battle with 5,000 other Mudders. Battle cries essential. 


I have a problem with situations like this - my adrenaline goes into overdrive and I get really jumpy. It's the main reason I'll never go paintballing again - some strange feeling came over me last time and I ended up charging at people screaming like a banshee and popping them in the face with the paintballing equivalent of an AK47. They were on the same team. The RAF really did have a narrow miss (I nearly joined up in 2000).


Anyway, it's the first in a series of 27 over the 12 miles. You'll be pleased to know they get much, much more tricky. Yay.


Sam x

No comments:

Post a Comment